Monday, February 8, 2010

Itty Bitty Sewing, Sew Much Fun!


Oh, I am falling down on the blogging! I have so many ideas dancing around in my head, but haven't found my way back to the sewing machines!

I do have an excuse though! We finally saved up enough to buy some furniture for our home! How long have we lived here you ask? Well, June 8 will be 2 years. Sadly our downstairs has sat furniture-less for all of that time. It has been quite comical because the kids friends always ask if we are moving out! I never knew that 2 living rooms and a dining room would be so hard to fill up. We believe in the not buying something unless you can pay for it with cash. Not that we don't have debt, we just don't want anymore.

Wednesday is delivery day and I couldn't be more excited. I purchased a set for what I call my fancy living room and a set for the lived in family room. The fancy one will have a new couch, loveseat, 2 end tables and a coffee table. I also purchased a new big rug and 2 really cool lamps for the room. The lived in one will now have a huge sectional, just what we needed. I have disliked the thought, because I think they look a little sloppy, but with our growing family I think it was the only smart option. Everyone will have their own spot now to watch tv and most seats will recline, which my hubby thinks will be heavenly after a long day of work! Haven't found the perfect rug for that room, but hopefully it will find me soon!

Next up on my to do list, is to find the perfect fabric for curtains. A big job considering two of the windows are over 100" wide. I know it will happen though! I also need to start looking at the thrifts for some chairs to recover for the dining room table. I have an older table that I repainted that I think will work perfectly, but no chairs! And then my rooms will look naked still, because I have no artwork to hang. I am hoping to take some pics of the kids and maybe do a sepia look to take up some space. I have seen this in a home before and it was really cool looking. Now to make them all 3 agree that it is a good idea!

Here are just a couple of sets that I sewed up in the past month. First I was feeling like the new baby would be a boy, so I did this little 2 pc set. Sadly the tee is a smaller fit than the pants, so I will have to redo a little bit.

And then I felt like no, this baby is a girl. So I sewed this 2 pc set up and added my first diaper. Lots of fun, but I can't say I am overjoyed at sewing up a bunch of these!

I will have to share some pictures when everything arrives and I get set up a little. It will be so different to walk into our house and see furniture! I can not wait!

No comments: