Monday, January 25, 2010


Summer in the City Tote Bag
I have been hoarding this fabric for well over a year now. I just adore every piece of the Summer in the City line by Moda. The colors do just scream summer! I finally decided this weekend to cut into my precious stash and make a bag for myself!

I found a tute at studio e fabrics for the Flourish Bag. I love the fabrics they chose for their sample and I thought it would look just as great with the Summer fabrics. I think it took me most of the day to decide which fabrics to use where. Really! I just stood there admiring them all spread out for the longest time. In the end, I used some of the floral ones and polka dots, saving my precious birds for another time. I really like how it turned out and I can't wait to make another.

I did change the dimensions on my bag a little, the tute one just seemed a little big for my taste. I'm glad that I did so, because it still turned out plenty big enough! I also decided to do a braided belt instead of the tie one that they chose and added a magnetic closure to the inside. Oh and I changed the pockets on the inside too. I prefer mine up a little higher and I decided to just put them on the one side. Oh and I made my handles a little longer, cutting them at 26" for length.

No comments: