Monday, August 17, 2009

Lorraine
I have been so good lately. Really I have. I have gotten my daily viewing of Craigslist down to maybe once a month. I have told myself, I do not need another sewing machine. My last ebay purchase resulted in an atlas that while lovely and PINK doesn't sew well. At least it looks nice on my top shelf of my studio though right?
So yesterday morning, I woke up early, don't know why I did it, but I searched craigslist. And there was a Singer 503A to go with my 500A. Beautiful and in great condition! It had only been listed 2 hours earlier, so I emailed and waited and waited. Woke up this morning to an email that I could call and come pick her up. Tons of people emailed, but I was the first request!! Yeah me!!!
The lady was so nice. The machine had been left to her by her mother in law. Said she tried to sew once, but the person that was trying to teach her almost pulled her hair out. Her mother in law was named Lorraine. So Lorraine now sits at my kitchen table. Oh, she is lovely. Sews a beautiful stitch, she has cams and lots of feet, even her manual. She is a beauty and she is mine. I am on cloud 9!

No comments: