Thursday, August 13, 2009

Try, try, Again!
Looks like I will have to! I self drafted a purse a few weeks ago, ended up much smaller than I intended. Why is it that they always look so big before you sew them up? The purse is designed to be fully reversible, but I didn't have any magnets on hand to try. It still turned out cute I think. One of my favorite lines by Anna Marie Horner, Good Folks.

So, I decided to try my hand at modifying one of my favorite tutes online. The quilted wallet by That Darn Kat(link in my list of blogs). I have made one of these before and I love mine, but I wanted a few changes. I added a zipper to the outside of the wallet, changed the flap on mine and added a place for my drivers license. After many calculations, turns out they weren't so calculated, LOL. Underestimated the drivers license part, so back to the drawing board again!

Not a total waste though. I have a good online friend that needed some cheering up so I sent both along to her. I hope she will get some use out of them. She has a very sunny disposition and the colors remind me so much of her.






I will have to try my hand at these again soon, next time with snippets, or maybe recess fabrics!
I added quite a few yards of hard to find Painting Red Rhinos fabric in my Etsy Store last night! These prints are lots of fun because you can dye them without changing the look of the prints. Very cool!
Off to sew!

No comments: