Sunday, August 16, 2009

Scalloped Tote Bag

Yes, I should be making something to put on for auction. Yes, I have launches coming up that need to be sewn for. Yes, there is housework that needs doing. And yes, the kids are hungry, probably should go start dinner.

Instead I find myself wanting to post my newest bag. I found a pieced outside for the bag already in my stash this past week, it was hiding from me. I did quite a few of these years ago when Flea Market Fancy by Denyse Schmidt came out. It has to be one of my favorite lines ever created and sadly I am down to scraps. I self drafted this pattern specifically for this line of fabrics. I got the inspiration from a seashell and it's shape. I call it my Scrappy Scalloped Tote Bag. I am in the process of making a pattern available in PDF format, but I am slow.

Anyway, here is the bag. I will probably put it up for sale in my etsy shop for mommas. I think I still have one upstairs with very close to the same fabrics. I did do the inside a little different this time, instead of my expandable pockets on each side, I added a zipper pocket. Much bigger and things can't fall out.

Without further ado...





You can find this tote listed in my etsy oLiOmomma store

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=29406146

No comments: