Sunday, August 2, 2009

One Month Today
My daddy passed away exactly one month ago today. I awoke this morning feeling very sad and wondering if the statement "time heals all wounds" is really true. Last week when I thought of our memories together, no tears; this morning, they will not stop. I guess when someone loses someone close to them, each month, year, holiday; brings it all back. At least most of the memories are good ones filled with laughter; there are a few of his rantings, he did think he had to be the boss.

Here is a picture I came across of daddy and me when I was just a toddler. Boy my daddy looks young. And here we are on my wedding day about 25 yrs later. Daddy was pretty sick here with diabetes, but he insisted on walking me down the isle.

I feel better after typing this all out. I think the tears will dry up too. After all, this day is not going to be all sad. We are going over to my grand-daddys for lunch today, he is turning 80 tomorrow. I can't imagine being alive on this earth for 80 years, but I am so glad that he is. He has always been there for me with a shoulder to lean on and a listening ear; the kind of wisdom that will offer sound advice and a heart that never judges. Yes, my grand-daddy is a true gentlemen in every since of the word.

I hope that you have a great Sunday. Please take time to hug someone you love, call someone you haven't talked to in a while or just spend an extra minute listening. I think you will be glad you did.

No comments: